On paper the brief was simple: buy an entry-level Toyota Yaris 1.0 Xi and make it look, sound and perform as awesome as possible. but after browsing through a couple of car-tuning catalogues, we quickly discovered that custom- ising a car isn’t as easy as it sounds. If you’re going to customise a car you’re going to have to do it properly so that’s exactly what we’ve done. We’ve been working very closely with the guys
At Topend over the last few months on a top secret Toyota Yaris project and you, dear reader, can win this bespoke machine. Yip, the Toyota Yaris arrived at the topcar offices as a humble baseline model but as the months roll by you’ll see it transform into a one-of-a-kind showstopper. Naturally, only the best parts have been used, most of them imported from veritable performance vendors in Japan to achieve an original Jdm feel – no fake parts here.
Over the next few issues we’ll be revealing one aspect of the car at a time and, along with each reveal , we’ll also showcase other upgrades that you can apply to your very own car. The total upgrade is valued at over R84 000 and includes items such as a body kit, wheels and suspension, a sound system, full exhaust system, air filter and performance chip, a re-upholstered interior, a half-moon window tint and vinyl graphics.
But why an entry-level Toyota Yaris? Well, we chose the Yaris because the model itself is still fairly new to the local market, thus allowing us to create a truly unique and inspiring machine – besides you don’t need to drive a high-end sports car to turn heads. enter Topend. As major players in the local tuning scene Topend is very much the automotive arbiter when it comes to the latest styles and trends, so it was a no-brainer roping in the team to ply their knowl- edge and insight on the project. every part used on the Yaris has been specially sourced, specced, imported and fitted at Topend’s state-of-the-art tuning facility in bellville, cape Town.
A subscription must be maintained for 12 months in order to qualify. a maximum of 100 sms entries per cellphone number will be accepted. the closing date for the competition is 22 april 2013. no late entries will be accepted. any violation or attempt to violate any of the above rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the transgressor. Prizes are not transferable, negotiable or redeemable for cash. If the winner of this competition is younger than 18 years of age the vehicle will be registered in the name of the winner’s parent or legal guardian. any questions regarding this competition must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. no telephonic enquiries will be handled. each sms costs R1.50.
Subscription terms and conditions
Terms & Conditions / Competition Rules
- The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Employees of Media24, sponsors, media partners and their immediate families and advertising agencies may not enter
- The competition period is from 5 November 2012 – 22 April 2013. No late entries will be accepted.
- The draw will take place at 12:00 on 30 April 2013 and the winner will be announced on 19 or 20 May 2013.
- The winner’s name will be published in the July issue of topCar Magazine.
- The main prize of the competition is a Toyota Yaris 1.0 Xi 3-door customized to topCar specifications with an indicative value of R230 000
- The winner must be a South African Citizen with a South African Postal address.
- The winner needs to be in possession of a valid driver’s license and South African ID to qualify for the competition; failure to produce this will disqualify the winner from the draw and a replacement will be drawn.
- Prizes are not transferable, negotiable or redeemable for cash.
- Neither topCar Magazine, nor any of its sponsors, affiliates and agencies, nor their employees, accepts any liability for any:
- Oversight, ambiguity, error or omission, whether negligent or otherwise, which any of its employees, agents, affiliates or sponsors may commit in the running of the competition and the awarding of the prizes.
- Injuries, losses or damage sustained as a result of the use of the prize or participation in the competition.
- By entering this competition, you accept the terms and conditions as per www.topcar.co.za
- The winner must be available for the handover of the prize and photoshoot.
- Delivery of the vehicle to the winner will be for the winner’s own account.
- As a winner of this competition you agree to your information and photo to be used for marketing purposes by topCar Magazine and the competition sponsors.
- The prize winner is to obtain and maintain comprehensive insurance for the vehicle after delivery of the vehicle.
- The winner will be responsible for the cost of transfer of ownership and registration for the first year after the winner has taken delivery of the vehicle. Thereafter annual renewal of car registration and maintenance of the vehicle will be the responsibility of the winner.
- Any expenses incurred by the winner that have not been detailed in the above will be for the winner’s own account.
- Any violation or attempt to violate any of the above rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the transgressor.
- By entering this competition, the winner indemnifies the organizers and all parties involved in this competition against all claims that may arise from the utilization of the prize. Toyota South Africa indemnifies itself against defects that the vehicle might have due to the nature of the customization.
- Topend warrants all work done by them for a period of one year after the vehicle is handed over to the winner. All parts fitted carry manufacturer specific warranties which will be divulged to the winner on delivery of the prize.
- A maximum of 100 sms entries per cellphone number will be accepted.
- If the winner of this competition is younger than 18 the vehicle will be registered in the name of the winner’s parent or legal guardian.
- Any questions regarding this competition must be sent to email@example.com. No telephonic enquiries will be handled.
- Each SMS costs R1.50.
This subscription offer closes 19 april 2013. depending on the time of the month, regular delivery begins 6 to 8 weeks after the processing of your application. discount and competition offers only open to subscribers with a south african postal address. offer is not available to employees of media 24, sponsors, media partners and their immediate families and advertising agencies may not enter.
You can skip the queue and be entered straight away by clicking this link and subscribing right away.