Want to be a motoring journalist?
Are you keen to get involved in motoring journalism? The South African Guild of Motoring Journalists runs an annual bursary programme that gives one person the opportunity to get involved in the industry, and applications are now open.
The programme is 11 months long and runs from around 13 January to 15 December and entails the successful applicant gaining experience at a variety of motoring publications, where he or she will be mentored in all aspects related to motoring journalism.
If you fulfill the following requirements, you could be in with a shot:
- A background or qualification in professional writing/journalism
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Computer literate
- A code B or EB driving licence
- Own transport and ability to travel
- Accommodation in the Greater Johannesburg area
- A keen interest in all things automotive
- A willingness to participate in a variety of organisations on a grass-roots level
- A strong sense of honesty and integrity
- A willingness to learn and work hard